Customer Experience Host - London Kings Cross - Full Time (2351)
- Salary:£29,165 per annum (increasing with length of service)
- Department:Customer Experience
- Vacancy Type:Permanent (Full-Time)
- Location:London King's Cross Station
- Shift Pattern:Various shift patterns which include early starts/late finishes, and working weekends.
Full time salary 35 hours/week £29,165, includes attendance allowance of £3,143 and London Weighting Allowance of £3,515
Both salaries increase at 6 months and 18 months length of service.
Please be advised that this vacancy is an ongoing advert to help us recruit proactively throughout 2024, and therefore this may be advertised for long periods of time.
As a result, it may take a number of weeks to process your application. however, we will aim to contact you as soon as possible to keep you updated throughout your journey with us as a candidate at LNER.
We go beyond. For everyone. Our vision is to be the most loved, progressive and responsible way to travel for generations to come. Now we're looking for the people who can deliver this, every day.
Since we took over on the East Coast mainline, we've been changing the face of rail travel. Our new Azuma train has brought faster journey times, more space and greater reliability. Our exciting plans to embrace new ideas, experiences, backgrounds and ambitions make this the ideal time to join.
Bringing passion. Being bold. Always caring. Owning it. They're the values that make us LNER.
Are you on board?
So, what exactly does a Customer Experience Host do?
We're glad you asked!
By joining LNER as a Customer Experience Host you could be serving early morning coffees to our business commuters, handing out sweet treats for families on day trips or even be found rustling up bacon sandwiches for football fans travelling to support their teams. No matter the journey, you'll be on hand to provide an exceptional and personalised experience. You'll have the opportunity to bring a smile to our customers' faces through creating a welcoming on board atmosphere, assisting with luggage, as well as ensuring our customers leave with a positive memory of their journey with us.
For our customers travelling in standard class you'll offer a service from either the cafe bar or refreshment trolley, taking responsibility for both cash and stock management. Within first class you'll serve customers our complimentary food and beverage offering, delivered to the highest of standards. As a Customer Experience Host you'll also develop a good understanding of health and safety and be trained to ensure a safe, clean and tidy environment onboard our trains at all times.
Think you can manage all of this whilst travelling at 125mph? Then this is the job for you!
So, do you have what it takes?
To make it as a Customer Experience Host you'll need:
- Plenty of customer service experience and strong interpersonal skills
- A good track record of providing customers with a personalised and memorable service as well as a genuine passion for helping customers
- The ability to communicate effectively through the toughest of situations and relish stepping up to the challenge of disruption
- You'll have proven soft sales skills and experience of product management – you'll enjoy developing your knowledge around our on board offering to share with both customers and colleagues
- Due to the sale of alcohol, you will need to be aged 18 or over to apply
- Finally, you'll need to be flexible - our Customer Experience Hosts are on hand to assist our customers early in the morning, late in the evening and over weekends, so you'll need to be able to fully commit to working shifts.
What you'll get:
- Free travel on LNER + 75% off other companies' tickets (for you & dependents)
- Discounted international train tickets (after one year's service)
- 50% discount on LNER tickets for friends & family
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual cycle to work schemes/electric vehicle scheme
- Discount, savings and cashback scheme from top retailers
- Health & wellbeing schemes and discounts
- Host of training opportunities to help further your career
- Rewards & awards to recognise when you shine
What we believe:
To be the most loved, progressive and responsible train operating company, we must make a meaningful difference – always doing what's right for our customers, our people, the communities and destinations we serve, the future of the industry we lead and the environment we cherish.
We know that our people are the beating heart of everything we do. We are committed to creating an inclusive, engaged culture that supports everyone at every stage of their journey – and ensures that when you're at LNER, you can always be you. No wonder most people never want to leave!
Diversity and inclusion
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of the communities we serve, and are creating ways to inspire diverse talent to join LNER.
Developing our people
We are focused on creating a learning culture, to support our people to be the best they can be at work by providing them with the tools and resources to navigate their development and career journey.
Health & wellbeing
To create a culture where our people can perform at their best, the physical health and mental wellbeing of our people is of paramount importance to us.
As we say, we have fantastic opportunities for ambitious people from all sorts of different backgrounds, so now is the time to join the team at LNER – without delay!
Start your journey here